You’ve got your butterflies ready for a mesmerizing release, but let’s talk about a crucial detail – feeding! When relocating these fragile creatures for hatching or moving them from triangular release envelopes into a box or display net cage, keeping them nourished ensures a vibrant and joyous experience. Here’s a user-friendly guide to butterfly feeding and care:
Top Food Picks:
- Melon or Passion Fruit
- Vitamin Water
- Homemade Mix: Combine nine parts water with one part sugar or honey.
Here are a few simple feeding methods for you to explore
Cotton Ball Method:
- Soak cotton balls in any suggested liquid.
- Place them in a shallow dish inside the box or cage.
- Butterflies will naturally gravitate towards the cotton balls for a sip.
Net Cage Trick:
- Brush recommended liquids onto the side of the net cage on the mesh
- Butterflies will find and enjoy these tasty offerings.
- Place organic, pesticide free flowers inside the box.
- Uncertain if free of pesticides or chemicals? Stick to the foolproof cotton ball or net cage methods.
With these simple feeding techniques, you’re not just releasing butterflies – you’re offering them a feast and ensuring a lively, magical flight. Happy feeding and enjoy the enchantment! 🦋✨