This kit has everything you need to raise these marvelous creatures minus the net cage (with the option of adding the cage if needed). Our easy-to-follow instructions make it simple to experience their metamorphosis from caterpillar to butterfly, the entire process taking approximately two weeks depending on your climate conditions.
These kits are designed for every environment, whether at home, school, retirement home, community center, or otherwise. The kits also make incredible gifts for burgeoning enthusiasts, teaching lessons about life-cycles, transformation, and growth…often a child’s first experience nurturing the development of a wild creature in a time where there is more focus on screens rather than what’s all around us.
We begin shipping these kits from the end of April/May until September each year, weather and season permitting.
The refill painted lady butterfly raising kit includes:
- A minimum of 10 Painted Lady Caterpillars (with an option to add as many more as you’d like)
- Complete diet protocol for raising from caterpillar to butterfly (10 cups)
- A special note from the MonarchButterflies.com team
- Basic instructions with a QR code for detailed and breed-specific instructions along with our blog that has continually increasing information
- An Indigenous poem to be read at the time of the butterfly release
- Caterpillar Cleaning / Hygiene Brush (to remove frass and webbing)
- Optional Small or Large Mesh Cage
All shipping is done through Canada Post using Expedited or Xpress Post with a tracking number and postal insurance. Delivery can be made to your school, facility, home, or any other postal address provided. To learn more about the raising experience and Refill Painted Lady Raising Kit, or get more information about the process, please visit our FAQ page and blog.