This complete kit has everything you need to hatch these marvelous creatures. Our easy-to-follow instructions make it simple to experience their metamorphosis from pupa to butterfly.
If you’ve purchased a kit before or already have a net cage, check out our refill kit here, which includes everything the Monarch Butterfly Raising Kit has, minus the net cage. Perfect if this isn’t your first time raising butterflies.
These kits are designed for every environment, whether at home, school, retirement home, community center, or otherwise. The kits also make incredible gifts for burgeoning enthusiasts, teaching lessons about life-cycles, transformation, and growth…often a child’s first experience nurturing the development of a wild creature in a time where there is more focus on screens rather than what’s all around us.
We begin shipping these kits from the end of July until September each year, weather and season permitting.
The Monarch Butterfly Kit includes:
- A minimum of 5 Monarch pupa (with an option to add as many more as you’d like)
- Small Mesh Cage (with an option to upgrade to Large)
- A special note from the MonarchButterflies.com team
- Basic instructions with a QR code for detailed and breed-specific instructions along with our blog that has continually increasing information
- An Indigenous poem to be read at the time of the butterfly release
All shipping is done through Canada Post using Expedited or Xpress Post with a tracking number and postal insurance. Delivery can be made to your school, facility, home, or any other postal address provided. To learn more about the raising experience and the Monarch Butterfly Kit, or get more information about the process, please visit our FAQ page and blog.